CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Update...Beware it is long :)

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated our Blog! We have been so busy, and just going going going. So I thought I would give a quick synopsis of the last few months.


December~So we added to our small family with a 7 week old boxer we got as a Christmas gift from Jamie's wonderful parents. We actually technically got him on Thanksgiving but he was still big news for December and took up a lot of time. We call him Leroy. When we got him he weighed in at 14 lbs. He had a cute face and needed a home. So we took him and made him a member of our family. We still miss our puppy Jupiter and Leroy has SO much more energy 
than Jupiter had so he keeps up and moving. We had a great Christmas with our families. I celebrated my 24th birthday and was able to see my little man Drew for my birthday. I have missed him so much.  


My little Drew man, so handsome.   
January~ We both started our Spring Semester at BSU. James my brother came home from his mission. It was super great to see him and have him home again. I couldn't believe how quick the 2 years went by! As we said good-bye to Maurice earlier that day! And we threw a surprise birthday party for Sheila's 30th birthday. That was a lot of fun, but really hard with Matt trying to keep it a secret but we were able to make it! It was so much fun! 





The Classic Sharina and Jaydn pose
The super cool shirts I made "Team Peterson"
The family together at the airport  

Bye Maurice we Love you! 
                  "What is going on?" 
    The Birthday Girl~ Love you Sheila Rae! 

February~ I was able to be a part of the the 2009 World Winter Special Olympics that were here in the Boise ID as a volunteer. It was a very long week but such a really neat experience. I was able to meet athletes from all across the world. They were such an inspiration to me and I was tired by the time they went home, but my heart was very full! And Jamie had his 25 th birthday which we celebrated by having the "Jamie Jensen Birth Festival" Which was a week long celebration. :)

The Girls Valentines day picture!

March~ Jamie and I along with the besties Sheila and Matt took a trip to Jackpot. It was so much fun. I have never gambled in my life and see how it could be a problem if I lived closer to Jackpot. We had a great Spring Break. 

April~ This was a bit harder month for us. Jamie's dad was diagnosed with (most likely Stage 4) Small Cell carcinoma cancer. He had a spot in his lungs one in his liver and a baseball size tumor that sit at the base of his spine.  We started aggressive Cancer treatments (Chemotherapy and radiation). But the prognosis isn't looking well 90 day without treatment and 6 months- 1 year with treatment. So we have decided that we are going to start looking into moving out to Kuna when school is over, Jamie is out there a lot helping his parents. He is just so great! Leroy got pneumonia, and Yoda and Laya had Kennel cough.... the vet bills were ridiculous! 

May~ We had finals this month! We survived and I was able to pass Anatomy and Physiology after my third attempt. That is seriously the hardest class ever. But I did it! I have never in my life worked so hard for a C! But I am happy with that. Leroy was neutered and not happy about that, but he survived anyways, and I got some good cuddle time. :) Yoda and Laya both got pneumonia, and more ridiculous vet bills! They are more expensive than children at this point. They found a new tumor on Jamie's dads spine in between his shoulder blades. We had the 2nd round of Chemo this month and 1st round of radiation. Still trying to find out a place to live in Kuna! We went to our nieces Mari's graduation. We are so proud of her! Way to go Mari, we also had some family come out from Michigan! Aunt Wanda and Uncle Bob, and Aunt Nancy and Uncle John. It was so great to see them (and it was the first time I got to meet them, they are Jamie's dad sisters! ) They are such a good time. Hope fully I will have pictures from that soon. We are ready for summer. Even though I am taking summer school. :(

        Laya's lungs with the Pneumonia :(

  Leroy after his surgery. So much cuddles! Loved IT!

So that is what has been happening in our lives in a nutshell! Hope all is well with everyone else!   

2 comments:

Nate and Lana Hope said...

FINALLY! In fact I thougth, really?!?!? She's alive! :) Crazy few months for ya! Have you found a place in Kuna yet? How's Jamie's dad?

Sierra Baird said...

It's about time! Thanks for the update. When are you coming down my way?